Head: Ma. Marlene G. Manaya – CSWDO
Location: SDC Building, Terminal Road 3, Benny Imperial St., Tahao Road, Barangay 37- Bitano, 4500 Legazpi City, PHILIPPINES
Contact No.: (052) 742-1100
Email Add.: [email protected]; [email protected]; mari[email protected]; [email protected]
The mission of CSWDO as devolved agency is to provide interventions/opportunities that will uplift the living conditions of the distressed and disadvantaged individuals, families, groups and communities, and enable them to become self-reliant and actively participate in national development. Its GOAL, therefore, is to ameliorate the living condition of the economically depressed and socially disadvantaged groups.
1. To care, protect, and rehabilitate the socially disable constituents and the physically and mentally handicapped for effective social functioning;
2. To provide an integrated welfare package to its constituents on the basis of their needs;
3. To strengthen the economic base and expand the social coverage of the disadvantaged population;
4. To maximize service delivery system through the coordination and integration of related social Welfare service facilities/activities in the city;
5. To arrest the further deterioration of the socially disabling or dehumanizing conditions of the disadvantaged segment of the population at the community level;
6. To develop the target population into self- reliant and participating members of society;
7. To advocate for policies and measures addressing social welfare concerns.
“We hereby commit ourselves to perform the service and activities to the best of our ability.
The State is committed to the care, protection and rehabilitation of that segment of the country’s population (individual, family and community) which has the least in life in terms of physical, mental and social well-being and needs social welfare assistance and social work intervention to restore their normal functioning and participation in community affairs.
To provide interventions/opportunities that will uplift the living conditions of the distressed and disadvantaged individuals, families, groups and communities and enable them to become self-reliant and actively participate in national development.
CA Pecos Intia, CDRRMC Action Officer talks with CSWDOr Maria Marlene G. Manaya, City Social Welfare & Development Officer in one of the meetings at CSWDO re: the looming Mayon Volcano eruption.